As of May 1, 2013, I am no longer taking clients or offering most of the services listed on this website (except for mobile photography, iPhoneography, visual social media, and workshops and speaking engagements, which WILL continue) for an indefinite period of time.
Please visit me instead, at BrendaJohima.com
— Brenda Johima
JOHIMA Designs/JOHIMA Social Media + Marketing
You want to be found online. You want to reach your target market online. That’s where I come in with SEO.
Each project is unique, and the needs for your business will be as well. Services will be selected to reach your specific goals. Internet Marketing, Online Marketing, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Website Promotion services might include some or all of these components:
- Researching and writing keywords and keyword phrases (Many say that keywords are no longer used by Google, which is now (mostly) true for indexing, however, keywords and keyword phrases are still crucial in the way that they are used and where they are placed in your copywriting, title tags, description tags and H1 tags in order to increase your reach to your target market)
- Crafting a title tag
- Reviewing and writing effective description tags
- Writing catchy and keyword rich H1 tags
- Reviewing your page content and making recommendations for improvement
- Providing tips for blog post content
- Installing appropriate plugins (if you are using WordPress)
- Submission of articles to directories
- Reciprocal linking strategies (of the ethical kind)
- Copywriting for web and/or editing of existing copy
- Setting up your social networks to drive traffic to your website and making sure your social media marketing is matching the goals for your search engine optimization
- Optimizing your images for web
- Going through your website, page by page with a fine-toothed comb and either making changes on your behalf, or providing you with a report full of findings and recommendations for improvement
What’s my bias? Search engine optimization is not rocket science, but it is an art to do it well. No fancy software or secret tricks are required to do good search engine optimization. SEO experts do, however, use a multitude of tools for efficiency and productivity, to speed up work flow and to analyze data. There is nothing wrong with that.
The best work in SEO comes from working together with you to understand your business (and industry) inside and out, and then combining that with powerful intuition and extensive research. That’s where I come in. Yes, I said intuition. With an intuitive workflow, to date, I’ve never had a client yet, have to pay (extra) for high rankings outside of the fees for my services. You don’t have to either.
Call me. (250) 335 – 1195
— Brenda Johima