As of May 1, 2013, I am no longer taking clients or offering most of the services listed on this website (except for mobile photography, iPhoneography, visual social media, and workshops and speaking engagements, which WILL continue) for an indefinite period of time.
Please visit me instead, at BrendaJohima.com
— Brenda Johima
JOHIMA Designs/JOHIMA Social Media + Marketing
I’m a 4X speaker at the ever so popular Social Media Camp (social media conference) in Victoria, B.C.
In addition, for the 2012 conference I also instigated and implemented the first ever Mobile Photography Photo-Art Show as part of the conference as well. The focus was on iPhone and mobile phone photography. Look for more in 2013.
And I LOVE Twitter. That’s the fastest way to reach me on any social network. Find me and introduce yourself, say HI. Follow me at @brendajohima for a smorgasbord of Tweets on all kinds of topics of interest, or follow @johima if you’re interested only in Tweets about social media, SEO, design, and technology related topics.
The essence of social media (and business) is building relationships.
How I can help?
- Assist with set up of Facebook, Google Plus and Twitter pages and profiles (can teach you to do it yourself (DIY) in-house, on-location at your place of business, or via Skype or good old fashioned telephone)
- Set up Facebook and Twitter pages and profiles for you and integrate these with your current website
- Education and training
- Speaking engagements
- Communication techniques for connecting (it is an art, requiring listening and intuition, humor and timing)
- Analysis of your current online communications including what is working and what’s not?
- How to listen
(P.S. My bias? If your business is new to social media, no, you do not have to start out on all of the social networks, so please relax. There’s something called social media overwhelm, and we avoid that by designing a plan that works for YOU, and then we develop a schedule that both makes sense and also makes the most out of your valuable time as a busy business owner. With so many social networks to choose from, what’s the best use of your time and what will you enjoy doing most? Social media marketing and account management can be time consuming. I can help. Let’s talk.)
iPhone applications for monitoring social media conversations:
- Which app is that?
Desktop applications for monitoring social media conversations:
- What are the tools online that can help you manage your social media channels and monitor your brand?
“I’ve got an iPhone, now what?”
- iPhone Photography workshops, speaking engagements and training.
Call (250) 335 – 1195
Brenda Johima is based in Fanny Bay (Comox Valley, Vancouver Island) and is available for International travel. In addition, as a city dweller gone rural, my specialty niche brings social media services to rural and remote communities and small towns across Canada. (In addition to 1-2 day workshops, you can book me on-location by the week or by the month)